As part of our new Super Surplus initiative, our first recipe is kindly supplied by Jo Durkin, co-founder of Hebburn Helps. Tuck into Hebburn Helps’ Sausage Pasta recipe with ingredients supplied by FareShare North East.
1 tbsp oil
A packet of 8 pork sausages and cut into chunky pieces
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
400g can of chopped tomatoes
300g of pasta
- Put a large pan of water on to boil.
- Heat oil in frying pan and add sausages chunks until golden brown all over.
- Turn down the heat and add onion and garlic, cooking them until soften.
- Stir in the chili powder (optional) and the tomatoes into the sausages. Bring to boil and then turn down the heat to bubble for about 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to cooking instructions.
- When cook, drain, and pour into the sausage mix well to cover.
- Put on plates or in bowls and enjoy!
Does your charity or community group want to receive surplus food from FareShare North East? Click here to express your interest. Find out more about Hebburn Helps’ crisis response during Covid-19 here.