Food safety is key to everything we do. You can be assured that we take this very seriously and we adhere to food industry guidelines
FareShare North East complies with food industry safety standards and our warehouse is regularly audited internally and externally to ensure compliance. For our audit in 2020, we achieved a Gold level standard. For full details on the ways we adhere to food safety guidelines, please see the FareShare UK website.
We Adhere To All Relevant Food Safety Legislation Including:
- Food Safety Act 1990
- Food Hygiene Regulations England/Scotland 2006
- Reg EC852/2004 Hygiene of Food Stuffs
Our stock control database provides full traceability of all products, from the time to the receipt by FareShare to the point of delivery at our community food members. In the unlikely event of a product recall, we can undertake this process on your behalf.
How We Follow A Compliance Procedure:
- All warehouse managers and coordinators hold a CIEH Level 3 Award in Food Safety.
- Provide collection and delivery notes
- Incorporate regular cleaning schedules
- Probe calibration
- Conduct regular van temperature checks
- Control stock frequently
- HACCP, Recall procedures
- Use training records for all staff, volunteers and placement
In the unlikely event that a food supplier would need to recall their products, we are able to undertake this process, providing reassurance to companies who supply us with their surplus food.
If You Are Donating Surplus Food To Us, It Must:
- Be within the use-by or best before date
- Be covered or packaged appropriately
- Comply will all the food safety legislations, including the Food Safety Act 1990, The Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2006 and
Regulation (EC) 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs.
- Come with a full ingredients list.
Please note that all the food that we receive is checked to ensure they meet our food safety and hygiene requirements before redistributed out to the charities and community organisations that we support. During the application process, we ensure that every charity that receives food from FareShare North East can handle food safely and adheres to all relevant legislation.
Contact Us for more information about how we handle your food.